April 15, 2013

The bane is nearing completion!

Also known as, the synopsis. I have to give a shout out to Jane for helping me plug up my gaping holes. She rocks, and you should check out her awesome blog here. The synopsis is almost ready, which opens me up to work on the query letter.

I don't need it for the conference, but I want to have it ready. I think knowing exactly what I'd send to an agent to market Schism will help me know more of what to say in the session. I have to be prepared! My type A is showing isn't it? >_^

In other news...I wrote more in Unity today. I take it as a good sign that I want to get these opening scenes out of my head and onto paper. Rough, rough, rough draft that it is...but there's always editing! Hours upon hours of editing.

To make this post even more of a ramble, I think those of you who don't live inside my head may not know what I'm working on. My vision is a non-traditional trilogy where books one (Schism) and two (Unity) are a complete story, and book three spins off to take place eighteen years later. I'll post my dust-jacket tease once it's perfected, and then you can know what the heck I'm babbling about.

Time to watch my little one attempt to play Wii games. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment