May 23, 2014

News from the cavern of wordsmithing


News about SCHISM 

Hurry up and wait! Yup. I'm on submission, so now it's a matter of sitting here twiddling my thumbs to hear back. The waiting is awful, and the worst part is that I know the longer I wait, the better it is. Why is a longer wait better?

Because rejections come fast, and if someone's gonna publish, they'll read the whole book and two or three other people (or rounds of people) have to read it and agree too. So, if one person reads some/most/all of it and doesn't want it, the rejection will come fast. I'm hoping to wait a long time, or at least a reasonable amount of time which means people have read and loved SCHISM.


News about UNITY

I finished the first draft of UNITY months ago and that's where it's set. I went on to write a couple of short stories. Maybe I'll post one of them here. I probably won't start on revisions for UNITY until SCHISM is under contract and I'm on a break for edits for it. After all, who wants to read a sequel/conclusion to a story if the first half isn't available. :-)


News about HANA

I bet you're wondering what that is. HANA is the working title of my newest book! *shiny new toy* Unfortunately, I'm not ready to draft yet, so HANA is literally just a title for a collection of bullet points and brainstorming. I've begun my notes sheets, and world building is well underway. I'm about to start on character creation which will lead me into plotting, outlining, scene setting, and then drafting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at "I probably won't start on revisions for UNITY until SCHISM is under contract and I'm on a break for edits for it" because even as I look forward to your notes on GRIT, my sister is sending email after email critiquing the sequel. It's like an edit avalanche over here, and oh, so invigorating it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Yeah, I know it's hard to wait. I've kept to my guns tho and haven't revised UNITY yet. Though, I did start brainstorming HANA and then began a new YA Romance under the working title of COSPLAYED.

      Delete