December 31, 2014

2014 Wrap Up!

I'll join the crowd with my 2014 wrap-up post. A lot happened this year, one of which is keeping up with this blog (thank you). :-)

Early in the year I lost my job as a Technical Writer. Hey, don't look at me like that. The company kind of went belly-up, so it's not my fault. Regardless, I had a little more free time suddenly open. So, I signed on with Anaiah Press as a Senior Editor which has kept me plenty busy. I signed two authors and finished editing their books this year. The Last Stored comes out in a few days (January 6)! And Grit of Berth and Stone will be out in March.

I also submitted SCHISM to a few small presses, and MuseItUp took me on! My debut book will be out in the spring, so of course I've spent this year doing some edits for my own work. I've also wrapped up the second draft of UNITY (the sequel to SCHISM) and will be ready to send that out to beta readers soon.

In non-writing stuff, I've kept busy taking care of my adorable, wonderful daughter who is now 3.5 years old. I believe kids are so cute at this age because they can also be so naughty. It's gotta balance out, am I right? I've also helped the hubby and encouraged him by cooking lots of cookies at various times. We all need more cookies.

Has anyone else had huge changes this past year? Here's looking forward to 2015!

2 comments:

  1. You've been through some major changes...but landed soundly on your feet, and I applaud that. 2014 saw me away from home 24/52 weeks, but I'm still happy with how the year went. I'm really looking forward to 2015 and the possibilities it could bring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of travel! Hope you get a chance to relax this year :-)

      Delete