January 3, 2015

Book Review ~ Moonless by Crystal Collier

Time for another book review! I've been expanding my reading horizons and picking up novels outside my usual genres. Today, I'm taking a look at Moonless by Crystal Collier, a historical paranormal romance.

Really stunning cover for Moonless.
Moonless has many points of view, but the main character is sixteen-year-old Alexia. She's navigating the world of a young girl coming of age in a time when "coming out" means going on the marriage market, and at the same time she discovers she's part of race of beings known as the Passionate. She must choose between the life and customs she's always known, and the impossibly handsome stranger who has stolen her heart.

The story took a little while for me to get into, likely because it's outside my normal reading bracket, but the investment was well worth it. Once Alexia learns more about her gifts and this entire other world of supernatural beings, it really takes off. Crystal's descriptions of Alexia's feelings go straight to your heart and you feel everything right along with her. There's a reason they're called the Passionate, and boy, is she ever! I absolutely love the relationship between Alexia and Kiren. He's swoon-worthy and so full of passion himself, it's hard not to get swept up in it all.

It's certainly something I've never read before, and I enjoyed the whole concept. It's not the same old vampires, werewolves, and other usual paranormal fare. These people are different, and it's an exciting new world to explore.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! I am remiss in not reading this yet. Just downloaded.

    ReplyDelete